Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spaghetti & Meatballs

For dinner tonight I made spaghetti and meatballs.  In trying to come up with my weekly meal plan, I just couldn't come up with something for the ground round I had in the freezer.  Then, it hit me: spaghetti and meatballs!  One of my daughter's favorite things to eat, and I hadn't fixed it in FOREVER.  Plus, it's easy and does not require much prep time.  This part was especially appealing tonight, because my sweetie was home from school today with a sinus infection. Boo.  L


I love to use a recipe from Everyday Food for meatballs, and it's especially fun for the kids if you make little mini ones!


Mini-Meatballs
1 lb ground beef (I prefer ground round)
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 Tbsp plain dried bread crumbs
3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 slices bacon, finely chopped (optional)
salt and pepper


Place meatballs in large skillet.  Add 1 or 2 jars of your favorite tomato sauce and bring to a boil.  Simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.  This recipe makes 40 mini-meatballs, or 20 regular meatballs.  I usually end up freezing half the batch to save for a no-brainer dinner in the future.  


I also made a ball of pizza dough, rolled it out on my baking stone, cut it into breadsticks, and popped it in the oven.  I just love the Fleischmann's pizza yeast! So fast and easy.  I follow the recipe on the back of the packet and the dough turns out perfect every time!

Tomorrow night I think we will be having chili with some ground turkey I caught on sale this week.  What is fall without a nice hot bowl of hearty chili?!?


Until next time,
Muncho Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment