Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Food Funk


Ugh.  It appears I am in a food funk today.  My weekly meal planning is going nowhere.  I need some inspiration!


Since I am muddling through this Monday, I am using leftover toppings from our homemade pizzas on Friday for calzones as tonight's dinner.  It's all veggie, so we'll be keeping with our meatless Monday theme.  Cheese calzones for the kiddos and veggie calzones for me and the hubby.  May throw in some penne pasta and sauce too....and definitely a salad!


What I'd really like to make for dinner tonight is butternut squash ravioli.  It would be perfect for the butternut squash we have remaining from our garden.  I'm not up to tackling homemade pasta today, though.  Here's the link in case you are feeling more ambitious.  Doesn't the picture look lovely?
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/squash-ravioli-795775/


Did I mention I had my first foray into roasting peppers on Friday?  I decided to roast them for the pizza.  Wow, the taste was amazing!  But I think the true flavor became hidden in the cheese and other toppings, because when I asked my husband if he could tell a difference in the peppers, he said he could not.  Did I go to all that trouble for nothing?


By the way, have you ever tried Fleischmann's pizza crust yeast?  I used it for the first time on Friday (ran out of time Thursday to prep my usual overnight pizza dough) and it worked great.  I made two batches of dough and while I was kneading the first ball of dough, the second one actually rose just sitting there in the bowl!  The pizza crust was delicious too - chewy yet crisp.  One thing's for sure - I'm buying more the next time I go to the store!


Until next time,
Muncho Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment