Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mmmm...Cinnamon Rolls!

On Wednesdays I like to bake.  I don't plan any errands or outings of any sort.  I just stay home and bake!  Well ... and do 3 or 4 loads of laundry too.


So, today I made some cinnamon rolls using Paula Deen's recipe.  I love Paula Deen!  Someday, if I am ever in Savannah, I would love to eat at her restaurant.  Until then, I can only dream.  I think my cinnamon rolls turned out OK, but the dough did not rise as much as I had hoped.  Maybe my kitchen was too chilly this morning...who knows?  Anyways, the recipe was very easy, so that was nice.  Here's my before picture:


And after...



And the finished result...




I sprinkled a few pecans on the top.  Here's the link if you want to try them yourself!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/cinnamon-rolls-recipe/index.html

While the dough for my cinnamon rolls was rising, I wanted to try this new recipe for Cranberry Pumpkin Bread.  I saw it on my daily email from FoodBuzz and thought it looked perfect for the fall.  It was super easy to make.  Sadly, I am giving both loaves away tomorrow, so I have no idea how they taste, but I can say that the batter was delicious!

http://www.foodbuzz.com/blogs/4295939-cranberry-pumpkin-bread

And, I guess I am still not quite ready to give up on summer because for dinner tonight we had grilled chicken, corn on the cob, and baked beans.  My hubby is always happy to oblige when I ask if he can fire up the grill!J


Until next time,
Muncho Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment