Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Leftovers for Dinner Tonight!

Sadly, I did not make it on here yesterday...once the kiddos were in bed, I had a massive sinus headache, so I went to bed too!  Sorry, folks.  The ragweed is just killin' me.


I did do some baking yesterday - homemade pizza!  YUM.  I absolutely love this pizza crust recipe by Lucinda Scala Quinn:


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/3 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 package yeast
  • 3 cups flour plus 1 tablespoon
  • 1/4 cup cornmeal
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for coating

Directions

  1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, place water, sugar, and yeast, letting dissolve 3-4 minutes.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, and salt.
  3. Slowly add the flour mixture to the water/yeast mixture in thirds. Before the last addition, add 1/4 cup olive oil.
  4. Sprinkle one tablespoon of flour on a countertop and knead bread until smoother. Transfer the dough to a bowl coated with olive oil. Turn dough to coat in oil. Cover and let rise overnight in the refrigerator.

It is so easy to put together the night before.  I have had perfect results every time.  I usually do personal size pizzas for the kids (they love to help!) and a big pizza for me and the hubby to share.  I forgot to take a picture of what I made last night (oops!) so here's a veggie pizza I made a while back.  




Anyways, you must try it!  If you use a baking stone, be sure to heat it in the oven for several minutes so it is nice and warm when you put the dough on it....otherwise it takes forever for the dough to get done in the oven.  Yep, learned that one the hard way!


I have been cleaning house all day, so as for tonight...it's gonna be leftovers!  Whew, I'm kind of glad for that because my cooking brain is feeling a little fried.  


Happy Fall, Y'all!
Muncho Mom







No comments:

Post a Comment