Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Granola Bites for On the Go





I found this recipe for granola bites a while back, and I really love it.  It is very easy, and you can add in just about anything you want.  The granola definitely does great in my silcone non-stick baking pan.  I highly recommend these if you don't already have one!


You can find this and other recipes on www.anotherlunch.com.  If you are into bento boxes for your kid's lunches, this is a great site!  My son loves his bento box! Anyways, here's the link for the granola bites: http://www.anotherlunch.com/2010/05/recipe-chocolate-chip-granola-bites.html.  I usually add 1/4 cup of wheat germ, some almonds, and some dried cranberries.  Be sure to spray whatever pan you use with cooking spray, and once they are out of the oven, let 'em cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before taking them out.  They are tasty, delicious, and perfect to grab on the go...and in your child's lunchbox!







After making a batch of granola bites, I also wanted to do something Halloween-y for my kids.  So, I made some sugar cookie dough.  I like to have a special snack for them on Fridays, when we don't have to worry about homework, so this will be perfect!  I have some Halloween cookie cutters, so they can cut out their shapes, then frost and decorate them when they come out of the oven.  The recipe I use came from Woman's Day magazine.  Aside from chilling the dough for 1 hour, the ingredients come together fast, so it is quick and easy to make.  


Sugar Cookies
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour


Beat butter, sugar, and salt in a large bowl, with mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.  Reduce speed to medium; add egg and beat until combined.  Beat in corn syrup and vanilla.  Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour and beat until blended.  Shape dough into two disks, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.


Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Roll out dough between 2 sheets of wax paper to 1/4 inch thick.  Remove top layer of wax paper and cut out into desired shapes.  Place cookies on baking sheet.  Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are golden.  Transfer to wire rack and cool completely before frosting.



I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Until next time,
Muncho Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment