Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Is it really November?

I feel like the past several days have been a whirlwind! Having a sick child always throws the routine out of whack, so I am very thankful my daughter is feeling better.


I've got lots of fun things to post.  First up, homemade mini-caramel apples!  I made these for a fun (albeit not-so-healthy) after school snack on Friday.  I melted a bag of caramels with a couple tablespoons of water over low heat. The most time consuming chore was unwrapping each individual caramel.  I have since discovered that you can buy caramel "bits" in the baking aisle - no wrapping included! Ah, who was the genius who came up with that?  I used a melon baller to cut out little apple balls, then dipped them in the caramel and rolled them in chopped pecans and mini chocolate chips.  It is best to let the apples set in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.  They were a big hit!


On Sunday I pulled the sugar cookie dough that I had made a couple of weeks ago out of the freezer and we made Halloween cookies.  The kids had fun and the cookies turned out great!  


Today I was busy baking cupcakes for my son to take to school tomorrow for his 8th birthday!  Where have the years gone?!?


I hope the kids enjoy them!

Until next time,
Muncho Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment