Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cough, cough, cough

Well, folks, it's that time of year.  The fall season has barely been upon us and already, my daughter has been sick 3 times.  The first was that nasty sinus infection she had 2 weeks ago.  This past weekend it was a stomach virus accompanied by a fever.  And just today we made a return trip to the doctor to leave with the diagnosis of a double ear infection!  Good grief!  


Anyways, all that said, the cooking has been slim-to-none this week.  I've been pulling surprises out of the freezer and Voila!  It's dinner!  Many moons ago I made a chicken lasagna and froze half of it.  Well, that was dinner last night.  Tonight, it was teriyaki marinated chicken breasts from Food City.  Did I mention they were already marinated?  All I had to do was throw them in the oven. Tomorrow I will have to be a little more ambitious, I'm afraid.  I have some ground round thawing out for meatloaf, and of course if there's meatloaf then there have to be mashed potatoes!  


So, sorry for the lack of posting as well as the lack of creativity!  Please forgive me.  I have been home with my sweet, puny little girl for 4 days now and am quite clearly suffering from cabin fever.  


Until next time,
Muncho Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment