Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pork Tenderloin

Tonight, we're having pork tenderloin for dinner.  I grabbed it at the store this morning because it was on sale, and pork is fairly easy to fix.  However, I have only recently learned the art of roasting pork in the oven without drying it out!  My favorite thing to do is drizzle a little olive oil over it, then season both sides evenly with salt, pepper, and minced garlic.  Then, I place it on a rack in my roasting pan and roast it uncovered in a 350 degree oven for an hour or two depending on the size.  If it's a 3lb roast, it generally just takes about an hour.  The trick is to take the pork out when it is precisely the right temperature.  Once the thermometer reads 145 degrees in the thickest part of the meat, I immediately take it out of the oven and let it rest on the counter for at least 3 minutes before cutting it.  The last few times I've fixed it this way, the tenderloin has been juicy and delicious.  Let's hope I have the same luck tonight!


I am also going to bake sweet potatoes and cook some apples.  I just loved cooked apples with pork!  As for our green vegetable, I am waffling between green beans and sugar snap peas...so I guess we'll just have to wait and see!


Until next time,
Muncho Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment