Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Use the Force, Luke!

Today was a BIG day in our house...my son's 8th birthday party!  He requested a Star Wars theme, so I made an R2D2 cake....thanks to my mom and dad, who had the perfect cake pan from a catering business they had many moons ago.  It turned out great, thank goodness.  For a while there I wasn't sure it was ever going to come out of the pan in one piece!



Oh, I should add that we did put in red candies for his "eyes"...or whatever they are.  My Star Wars lingo is lacking!  

I was really glad I'd made up the frosting earlier in the week, because that was a real time saver yesterday when it came time to frost the cake.  I'm also glad my husband talked me into getting those disposable frosting bags!

So, I do apologize for the lack of postings this week, but as you can see, I've been busy!  This cake stuff pretty much wipes me out, so hopefully I'll be back to the usual routine come Monday.

Until next time,
Muncho Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment